Like to get coffee and lunch for executives? Then this isn’t the right opportunity for you.
We are seeking a motivated, creative, entrepreneurial and hard-working intern to join the Acreage Holdings team. Acreage, one of the largest players in the legal Cannabis industry in the U.S. with over 30 operations in 11 states, is transforming the space with its aggressive acquisitions and approach to building national retail and consumer brands.
This role will work closely with our marketing team and will have the opportunity to really get your hands dirty and produce real, tangible work, helping to drive explosive growth in the most exciting new industry in the world. This role will offer you a front row seat to the birth and evolution of an industry.
The candidate will need to be equal parts student, researcher, and hands-on creator with a passion to learn and contribute to the development, management and execution of marketing programs and campaigns including brand development, digital/social marketing, event marketing and public relations.
- Support the marketing team in daily tasks
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Assist in developing and deploying marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, email, digital marketing)
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting on campaign success
- Prepare presentations and distribute marketing materials
- Organize marketing events and point-of-sale materials
- Communicate across affiliates and subsidiaries
- Writing articles to communicate thought leadership in the industry
- Assembling strategy around consumer product and retail best practices
- Identifying and surfacing relevant potential collaborations and partnerships (including influencer marketing)
- Researching opportunities for lead generation
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in a related BS or Masters degree program
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Experience in marketing and desire to make this your profession
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques, including social media, experiential and digital marketing
- Passion for pop culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. social media platforms, CRM tools, online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Strong work ethic